Ok…It’s nearing the end of 2010 and I’ve shared a lot of quick tips and information with you in this blog on how to simplify and organize your life. So, why not do a recap of my top 10 organizing products to help you “simplifize” your life? Well then, here we go…
TOP 10 FOR 2010
10. Lazy Susans. Oh how wonderful these lazy susans (or turntables) are for storing medicines, spices, oils and condiments in your fridge. Here are some photos on how to use a lazy susan in your home.
9. Car trash can. Really…why let you car look junky when all you have to do is get one of these to control the mess? Make it a habit for you and the kids to pick up the trash in the car and put it in the can whenever you arrive home and get out of the car. Or how about this? Whenever you fill up your tank, corral the trash and empty your trashcan while you wait for your gas to get pumped.
8. OXO containers. I never had a favorite food storage container until I used one of these. Talk about a nice, well-designed and easy to use container! A bit on the pricey side…I’m slowly starting my OXO collection ;o)
7. Magnetic boxes. Great for using in medicine cabinets, on refrigerators or on metal messages boards. My favorite place for magnetic boxes is in the medicine cabinet!6. Laundry sorter. Sorting laundry as you go…what a concept!!! Check out this video on the laundry sorter I use at home.
5. Action file and tickler file. The action file to manage your incoming papers and mail. The tickler file for the visual (non-digital) folks…a great way to keep track of your tasks and pending items.
4. Getting organized books:
“Organizing from the Inside Out” by Julie Morgenstern (believes that getting organized is more than just a clutter clean up…it’s more about evaluating who you are, what your goals are and designing systems around your priorities and what’s important to you).
“The Busy Mom’s Guide To A Happy, Organized Home” by Kathy Peel (a once disorganized mom turned “home manager”…teaches you how to run your home like a business…genius!).
3. Crock pot. Some folks don’t use their crock pot or forget they have one…but once you master some easy recipes, half your dinners will be made with it! Here’s one of my recipes.2. Over-the-door shoe organizer. So many uses for these shoe organizers and a great use of vertical space. Here’s a video on how to use an over the door shoe organizer…with bloopers ;o)
So, there you have it! My top 10 for 2010. Stayed tuned to Get Simplifized for many new tips and organizing resolutions for the new year!
Now what about you? What is your favorite organizing product? Don’t be shy and feel free to share your ideas in the comments section below…I’d love to hear from ya!