In this video I’m going to show you different ways that lazy susans (or turntables if you prefer) can help you organize your home. I don’t know about you, but I can’t stand it when I have to sort through tons of stuff just to get to one item. Like that one jar of bay leaves that’s tucked way back in the cabinet but you had to move 15 other spice bottles just to get to it! Well, that’s just not worth the frustration. I have a few go-to items that I use when I’m organizing and one of those items are lazy susans.
Lazy susans are great for three reasons:
- They help you organize your home by containing your items and allowing you easier access to items without having to move and rearrange a bunch of others.
- They prevent items from toppling over as you sift through your stuff. Instead you just spin the lazy susan to get access to what you need.
- They help you sort your items into categories. A big part of organizing your home is to group things into like categories and to contain those like items together. Lazy susans can help with that.
Now, lazy susans aren’t just for spices anymore. There are several different ways that you can use them to organize your home like in the refrigerator, pantry, cabinets, and even under the kitchen and bathroom sinks. Here are just a few ways that I’ve used lazy susans to organize my home and my clients’ homes:
- In the refrigerator to store jars of sauces, dressings, toppings, oils, and other condiments.
- Under the kitchen sink to store dish soaps, sanitizers and other cleaners.
- In the pantry to store oils, vinegars and other spices.
- In the bathroom to store medicines or toiletries.
- In the kitchen cabinets to store spices.
Here…take a look at this video to see for yourself how I use lazy susans to help get organized and how you can use them to organize your home too: