I love my morning coffee….I sometimes dream about it the night before! But the whole routine of making it first thing in the morning when I’m half-asleep isn’t what I’d qualify as fun. Are you with me? Do you feel the same way? Well, here are a few tips on how to make the process a whole lot easier.
1. First, locate all of your coffee making supplies in one area. I call it my “Hot Beverage Center” because I have all of my coffee and tea supplies located in one cupboard and on the counter underneath it. Items include: coffee beans/grounds, coffee grinder, dry creamer, sugar, coffee filters, mugs and the coffee maker.
2. If possible, pick an area that is right next to where you get your water. A cupboard next to the sink is perfect if you fill your coffee maker with water from the tap.
3. Use the sprayer on your kitchen sink. You know how most coffee makers barely fit underneath the cupboards and you have to pull them out in order to open the lid and pour the water in….or you spill the water all over the place when pouring it out of the carafe? Well, I got this tip from my mom and it has made all the difference in my coffee making routine. One step, no spills…awesome (thanks, Mom)!
4. Prepare your coffee the night before and set it on a timer. Most coffee makers have a timer. If you know when you’re going to get up in the morning, set the timer 15 minutes prior to that.
5. Finally, set your coffee mug out on the counter next to the coffee maker. Can you imagine? Now you can simply roll out of bed, pour yourself a nice, hot cup of Joe and your ready to go!
So there you have it. Like the title says, “your morning coffee routine just got simplifized!” You don’t have to thank me now, but I bet you will in the morning.