It’s time to share one of my favorite crock pot recipes again…No Skillet Skilletini. I created this dish after seeing my husband salivate over a commercial showing a pasta dish of sliced Italian sausage, onion and bell peppers. I started making this recipe in a skillet but quickly tried it in crock pot, because I’m all about simplifying my cooking! It only takes about 15 minutes (tops) to prep the food before putting it in the crock and then prepping the pasta just before serving.
You are going to LOVE this recipe! I’m not Italian, but to have an Italian gal tell me it’s excellent and that she wanted more…well, I’m just saying. So, check out the video and let me know what you think.
By the way…here’s a list of the ingredients if you don’t catch them in the video:
- 5-8 Italian sausage links (mild or hot)
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1.5 – 2 cups of water
- 1/4- 1/2 cup of dried Italian seasoning
- 2-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1-2 bell peppers diced or 1 cup dried bell peppers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- crushed red pepper to (optional; to taste)
- 1 box pasta (bowtie, ziti, rotini, etc)